We often think of insurance as a necessary evil so it’s common for people to spend little [or no] time and effort setting up cover for themselves, their family or their business.
But insurance is one of those things. You don’t need it until you really need it. And it’s important to have the right protection for the unknown hurdles that come up in life.
So in our next ‘what they didn’t teach you at school’ webinar, host John Knight was joined by our financial planning experts Mitch Hood and Simone Murad who help business owners and individuals with their life, TPD, keyman, and similar insurances.
This session covered:
- why and when you should have insurance over your life and the ability to earn income
- the different types of personal insurances
- the difference between life, TPD, trauma, income, business expenses + child trauma insurance
- why waiting periods and insurance payouts matter
- how a claim process works
- the cost of insurance
- who should own your policy
This session was packed full of real-life examples and practical tips on where to start and the right questions to ask regarding insurance for you, your family, and your business, and some important things to think about for now and into the future.
Keep an eye out for our next webinar ‘what they didn’t teach you at school about…investment’ which will be held on Tuesday 15 July. If you would like to receive an invite straight to your inbox and other handy financial planning insights you can subscribe here.
As always, if there is anything we can help with please call us on 1300BDEPOT or reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.