The NSW government has announced an additional $750 million to be put into a Small Business Support Fund to help keep NSW businesses afloat. Eligible businesses will be able to apply for grants of up to $10,000 to help them pay for unavoidable business costs including overheads, utilities, legal costs and financial advice.
The focus of the grant is to assist small businesses that have been directly impacted by the social gathering restrictions in NSW that have seen businesses across the state endure severe reductions in income, forcing closures for many.
To be eligible for the grant your business must:
- Have an Australian Business Number as at 1 March 2020
- Be based in New South Wales
- Employee staff as at 1 March 2020
- Have between 1-19 employees
- Have a turnover of more than $75,000
- Be highly impacted by the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2020 issued on 30 March 2020.
- Be able to support the application with appropriate documentation
Applications for the small business grant will be available on the Service NSW website within a fortnight and remain open until June 1 2020. We will provide updates as we have them to clarify eligibility and the application process.
If you need assistance with this claim or any other information, please feel free to get in touch with any of our Sydney team members.