Find superannuation confusing? Yet it’s one of your biggest assets.
We often ignore or neglect our super until we get close to retirement but for many of us, super makes up almost 10% of our annual earnings and will become our biggest asset!
Why? There’s been many changes to the super system in recent years and it can be complicated and confusing. So in our next ‘what they didn’t teach you at school’ webinar, I was joined by our financial planning experts Simone Murad and Megan Kelly who help business owners and individuals with their super every day.
This session helped to demystify super by covering:
- questions you should be asking about your existing superannuation accounts
- some quick + easy ways to check your super balances
- who can contribute to super and how much
- opportunities for using super to minimise your tax before 30 June
- the impact accessing your super during Covid may have for you longer-term
This session was packed full of real-life examples, practical tips and advice on where to start, the right questions to ask and how to make good decisions for your super and future retirement.
Keep an eye out for our next webinar ‘what they didn’t teach you at school about…insurance’ which will be held on Tuesday 25 May. If you would like to receive an invite straight to your inbox and other handy financial planning insights, subscribe here.