For the past two years we have become accustomed to the ever-changing world of Covid. And as employers, it has been an ongoing minefield of obligations, rules and Government mandates and directives.
As we start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, one key area that we are trying to understand and keep up to date on is Covid-19 Vaccinations. We have found a lot of clients are confused as they try to make sense of all the policies and obligations they have as employers.
So in our last Calm Covid Convo, our Director of People and Culture consulting, Anna Chipperfield was joined by experts Justine Ansell from IR Legal Solutions and Jo Kitney from Kitney OHS to answer some of the questions we know you as a business owner and employer have been asking.
The Calm Covid Convo covered:
- Can I direct my employees to be vaccinated?
- What do various State Government mandates and directives mean if they apply to my workers and/or business?
- Where do I stand if an employee is not vaccinated, or refuses to get vaccinated?
- Do I need a policy on vaccinations for my business?
- How do I manage a mixed workforce when I have WHS obligations to keep people safe?
And much more…
As promised in the video, we wanted to provide you with some sources of information we find to be really useful.
Safe Work Australia
- risk assessment info by industry
- vaccinations info by industry
- here you will find an example and template of a risk assessment
Fair Work Australia
- Managing vaccinations in the workplace and a simple 4 tier approach to making decisions
- Directing employees to be vaccinated
- Employees who refuse to be vaccinated
- Best practice guide for consultation and cooperation in the workplace
- All you need to know about workplace privacy
Office of the Australian information commissioner
- Read about your privacy obligations as an employer
Other useful sites
Take a look at the stats and research around vaccinations over at Our World in Data
Consider subscribing to:
Get in touch
If in doubt, speak to those in the know, whether it be your HR Advisor, IR lawyer or WHS Consultant, they will be able to guide you in regard to specific situations.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a buzz on 1300 BDEPOT.