The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses most affected by the restrictions announced on 27 May 2021 then extended beyond 3 June 2021.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million will receive a one-off payment of:
- $2,500 for businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021.
- $5,000 for businesses that were subject to restrictions between 28 May 2021 up to and including 3 June 2021 and further restrictions from 4 June 2021.
Applications are open until 11:59pm on 24 June 2021.
To apply, businesses must fulfill all the following criteria:
- be located within Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector of ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax [GST] on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number [ABN] and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
To see if your business sector is eligible, go to the list of ANZIC classes.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the ‘Circuit Breaker Action’, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
Please note: Businesses that receive a grant under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 are not eligible for a grant under this program.
Update 6 June 2021
Business Support Cost Assistance Program Round Two Tourism Supplement
A new allocation of $11.8 million will support eligible Victorian tourism businesses as they manage the impact of recent restrictions.
Eligible tourism businesses [accommodation, attractions, and tourism operators] will receive up to an additional $4,500 so all tourism businesses receive a total grant of $7,000 as part of the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two.
Eligible ANZSIC classes will be announced soon.
Full details of the Victorian Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two can be found here.
In the meantime, if you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 BDEPOT or email firstname.lastname@example.org.