At businessDEPOT we take client care and team culture very seriously. Our values include keeping it real, collaboration to innovate and having the guts to do things differently.
Are you close to graduating or have recently graduated and are looking for your first job in public practice accounting? Do you have the aptitude to learn and apply the real accounting principles to real clients and do a kick-ass job at it?
businessDEPOT isn’t your typical accounting business, but don’t confuse that with our team having a relaxed attitude to quality and service. We expect the highest quality of work, every day of the week and wowing our clients whenever possible.
As an undergraduate/graduate accountant, here at businessDEPOT you will learn everything you need to know to be a kick-ass public practice accountant and we will take you on a journey that will give you the grounding you need to really achieve your goals and kick start your career.
We want you to come to work with a positive and inquisitive attitude. We will mentor you and guide you. We will teach you and review your work and provide feedback and training. In return we want you to be ambitious, proactive and show us what you are made of. If you are capable of more, we will give you the opportunity as soon as you are ready. Many of our graduate accountants excel past simple compliance within their first year.
You will fit perfectly into the team if you:
- Have a great attitude and pride in your work
- Love technology, ready to embrace Xero and other systems
- Focused on learning and getting your work right
- Working hard to have good organisational skills and hit deadlines
- Have a genuine interest in helping clients and understanding their needs
You will have:
- Direct access to mentors and buddies to help you with your work
- Training, mentoring and coaching to ensure we get the best out of you
- Exposure to a variety of clients and industries
- The opportunity to progress faster if you are nailing the basics
You will be:
- Able to learn new things and demonstrate your ability to apply concepts
- Naturally curious and comfortable asking questions
- Motivated and approachable
- Willing to listen and take feedback and guidance
- Consistent in your approach
- Someone who brings positive energy to the team
This role is part-time, so will suit someone who is currently studying or looking to get their foot in the door. Does this sound like you? Get in touch!
Does this sound like you? Get in touch below!