Are you studying accounting and looking for your first job in a public practice? Do you have the aptitude to learn and apply the real accounting principles to real clients and do a kick ass job at it?
businessDEPOT isn’t your typical accounting business, but don’t confuse that with our team having a relaxed attitude to quality and service. We expect the highest quality of work, every day of the week and wowing our clients whenever possible.
As an undergraduate accountant at businessDEPOT, you will learn everything you need to know to be a public practice accountant. We will take you on a journey that will give you the grounding you need to really achieve your goals and kick start your career.
We want you to come to work with a positive and inquisitive attitude. We will guide you through this journey, by teaching and reviewing your work whilst providing feedback and training. In return we want you to be ambitious, proactive and show us what you are made of.
You will fit perfectly into the team if you:
- Have a great attitude and pride in your work
- Love technology, ready to embrace Xero and other systems
- Focused on learning and getting your work right
- Working hard to have good organisational skills and hit deadlines
- Have a genuine interest in helping clients and understanding their needs
You will have:
- Direct access to mentors and buddies to help you with your work
- Training, mentoring, and coaching to ensure we get the best out of you
- Exposure to a variety of clients and industries
- The opportunity to progress faster if you are nailing the basics
You will be:
- Able to learn new things and demonstrate your ability to apply concepts
- Naturally curious and comfortable asking questions
- Motivated and approachable
- Willing to listen and take feedback and guidance
- Consistent in your approach
- Someone who brings a positive energy to the team
This role is part time with the an opportunity for fulltime during semester breaks, so will suit someone who is currently studying or looking to get their foot in the door.
Does this sound like you? Get in touch!
Please send your cover letter and resume to us outlining your suitability for the role by clicking here