businessDEPOT Accounting is not like other accounting businesses and you will notice that the moment you walk in the door, even before you talk an accounting consultant. In saying that we are serious about the quality of service we provide to our clients in relation to their tax and accounting needs and despite the fact that we do many things differently, we do not negotiate on delivering work that is on time and accurate.
We are looking for someone who is all over Tax. Someone who loves dealing with complex tax matters and working with clients to achieve the best results they can.
The right person is currently working as a Senior Manager in a tax team, ready to step into a Director role or currently in a Director/Partner role and looking for a change.
This person is someone who, is currently the ‘go-to’ for tax and loves everything about tax but is open to new ways of approaching things and agrees with our values, ethos and reason for being in business.
Small to medium size businesses is where we play. You will want to get your head into everything to do with your classic SME or family business tax considerations – whether it be Small Business CGT Concessions, restructures, tax consolidations, Division 7A or family trusts, you will need to be able to cover off on most of these now or energised to fill any gaps in your experience soon.
You will have the advantage of working with peers who also know tax [you are not alone] but we do need someone motivated to champion tax for us whilst still delivering on the ongoing compliance obligations of your allocated client portfolio. We punch above our weight in this area and want to at least keep it that way or preferably focus even more on complex tax as a service offering.
You will support our business plan and our mission to help our clients by offering a ‘one place’ for their business and in return we will open doors and opportunities for you as well as provide you with an environment where you love turning up each day.
You will fit perfectly into the team if you:
- Are comfortable with both ‘doing the work’ and working strategically with clients
- Don’t have an issue getting your hands dirty
- Put relationships first
- Believe in getting it right and getting it done
- Have a genuine interest in helping clients and team members proactively
- Have leadership skills and self-awareness
- Have solid experience at a senior level with similar types of businesses
- Are not afraid to have real conversations
- Are comfortable with change and open-minded
The role will be:
- Varied in nature [not only will you look after your own client base but you will be the ‘go-to person’ for everyone’s tax issues]
- Allocated a client base yourself [in the vicinity of $300-$400k]
- Complex at times [so knowing where to go for the answers is critical]
- Rewarding [you will solve real tax problems that leave more money in the bank for our clients]
- Crucial for the success of the wider team [you will drive the tax education and training]
- Supported by a motivated and dynamic team [including lawyers, accountants and other business advisers]
- Assisted to market yourself and your service offering [you are not alone]
You will be:
- Analytical but able to see the bigger picture
- Approachable and trusting
- Someone who knows how to blend the chargeable work with the ‘relationship for free’
- Someone who is comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
- Someone who sees the benefit of mentoring others and developing people in your area of expertise
- Working in a modern professional services environment [95% Xero client base]
Does this sound like you? Get in touch with our recruitment partners at Onten Recruitment. Michelle or Mandy on (07) 3012 6640 or Mandy via email.