-  3193 3000
Dr James Fielding is the CEO and Founder of Audeara, Founder of Robotics Engineering Research Laboratories and Director of Field Orthopaedics. Let's take a look at his journey from medicine to consumer electronics, crowdfunding and taking the plunge.
1. Have you partnered with hearing impairment organisations in Australia? Are they backing you?
We are unable to confirm anything at the moment, but we have support from various hearing professionals and organisations around Australia, and have previously worked with the team from Hear and Say.
2. How do we get the $100 off? Is that for everyone or a limited offer for people here?
The $100 discount is available by simply ordering through audeara.com - we are offering this special pre-order price for everyone until the headphones launch commercially later this year!
3. Is global IP sorted ....? Hard / easy?
At the moment, patent pending! It's a long process.
4. How did you get the initial funding?
Our journey started at UQ's iLab generator which gave us a head start with a $20,000 investment. Since then we've gone through a seed round and debt funding.
5. Can you buy them now?
Yes - via audeara.com.
6. Any stigma being a doctor in a business world of tech junkies?
James feels like an honorary engineer, picking up extra skills in coding and product development to help propel the Audeara journey. Everyone in the Audeara team offers a range of multidisciplinary skills, and we're proud to cultivate an inclusive and supportive environment!